Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's done!




Ok First I have to apologize for last nights whining. Did I fail to mention I also started a diet. Thanks for those who wrote and advised me to step away from the clay. I took you up on that and I returned with a blade. GOODBYE GRINCH! Here is the finished "One Armed Bandit" cane. I will admit I did have a little use of my right hand by the end but the name remains the same. As you can tell I did cut down on the size a little. I am pleased with the way it turned out. Removing the Grinch made the colors better. The one small part I am not completely satisfied with is the small squares that I used the extruder on. It was early on when I made that portion and I really only had one arm and I used a vise to hold the extruder to the table so I could use it with one arm. The finished can is 4 X 4 X 2. I won't be able to reduce it until my shoulder is more healed. I plan on making some cuff bracelets for the auction at Cabin Fever Festival which they are having to raise money for charity. Some have written and asked why I made the cane in the form of a triangle. To answer this I say look to my friend Jana Roberts Benzon. If you haven't seen it yet I would highly recommend her DVD on Arabesque Caning. I owe the success of my face canes to the techniques I learned from her.

2 comments:

  1. I think it turned out awesome. If I lived closer I would reduce it for you since my arms are working (and, I want to see it reduced *g*) Jana is awesome for her caning and I am blessed to call her my soul twin. She is good ppl isn't she?

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Can't wait to see what you do with it -

    ReplyDelete