Monday, May 3, 2010

My class is up!




My class at craftedu.com is up and ready for purchase. Yea!! Like everything in life it took longer than I thought. It was bad enough having my fingernail nubs in it but recording my voice was like fingernails on a blackboard. (If I had fingernails that is!) What is it about hearing your own voice that is just not right? I tried hard to stay away from what I call a preachers cadence. You know what I mean. When preachers get that dah, dah, dah daaaaah cadence. Of course I did leave a little Eakes humor in there. I didn't want to make it too dry. As I said Donna suggested I make it a for pay class. It's only $25 and I think you get your money's worth out of it. There are some other great classes at craftedu.com so AFTER you have taken my class you should give them a try. I hope to get some more complex caning classes up there soon. I am going to take a break from claying for others and clay for me for a change. The book is in the mail, my first class is done and I am heading for a retreat next week. Let's have another Yea!! I am so looking forward to it. I need to get my car in for service before I leave so I thought I'd clean it out. Pathetically I found the directions to the retreat in the backseat. (left over in there since I went LAST YEAR) Let me expound on my favorite saying and say "a clean car is a sign of a life misspent!


Some good news. My Maasai Woman piece pictured here has been selected as a finalist for the "Polymer Revolution" Gallery Exhibit at the Lexington Arts and Craft Gallery. It will be on display June 15-27. This is a new thing for me and I have to thank Libby Mills for encourageing me to submit an entry.


Now for the bad news. The house we were going to buy didn't appraise so the deal has fallen through. No new craft room just yet. Oh well life goes on.

11 comments:

  1. The Maasai Woman pendant is just stunning. The first house we wanted to buy fell through due to some internal cowboy building works but we found a much better house after. Hopefully you will find one too with a huge craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, yay, yay! This is what I've been waiting for, Julie! It's why I joined CraftEdu! :)

    Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting your GORGEOUS necklace in the gallery! It is such an impressive piece, it deserves to be there. Also congrats for getting your book and class done. That must take a weight off your shoulders.

    Sorry to hear about the house. It fell through for a reason and a better one is on it's way. (Besides it was probably haunted anyway. And you were never going to get your work done with all the moaning and groaning!) ;-) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just watched your video Julie. Loved the humor, oh and the tips were great too. I especially liked tip #10 and I should have seen that one coming table buddy. I'm going to give it a try at camp next week.

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I am so bummed. I went to purchase your class and realized I don't have broadband. I'm in the boonies and we only have dial-up. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. I hope there is a chance CraftEdu will have other formats one day, because hoping for high speed internet access here is a waste of time.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda,
    Well I am bummed too! I am going to forward this letter to the tech people and see what they have to say.
    My condolences on only having dial-up. I don't have the patience for that.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynda,
    Send me an email (see above) and I'll let you know what they said. I am sure we can work something out.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Julie, Love the Maasai Woman. I am on dial-up too so I would appreciate the tech's suggestions too, email coming.
    Can't wait to see what your gonna do for Clay Carnival project! Pat:c)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work,this is really stunning.
    I just get here and I like your blog too.
    I'll be back!Does this sound familyar?:)

    ReplyDelete