Sunday, June 27, 2010

Progress and Possibilities




While I was away on vacation I heard some exciting news. I had won first place in the "Progress and Possibilities" contest for my "Mosaic Face Purse" in the function objects category. I also won third (by the judges) and first (by the members) for my art jewelry piece, mosaic pendant. You can go here to see all of the winners. Needless to say I was very happy about it.


I also have my Maasai woman necklace on display at the gallery in Lexington, Ma. I had a bit of a scare when it didn't arrive at the destination. Who knew that when you pay for insurance at the post office that that doesn't include tracking. If you want that you have to pay something more. Duh! If I want insurance doesn't it make sense that I want to know where it is? Of course no one at the PO suggested that to me. Fortunately it did show up at the PO in Lexington. I had the wrong zip code. OK it's the "first mistake I ever made".
I should have a free tutorial up on cane reduction at Crfatedu.com soon. The 5 in 1 class is coming along between packing for our move.

3 comments:

  1. Julie I'm so excited for you. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Julie! You are so talented! -Katie (AK)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Julie! You really deserved the win, your work is incredible!

    That does sound scary about the misdirected mail. I would be freakin' out! You would think that tracking would be involved when you insure mail. But at least it finally got to the right place and you know for the future.

    Can't wait to see where your work takes you next. You are an inspiration to all of us!

    ReplyDelete